I was nearly 100% sure I would find this cocktail foul and evil. I’ve never eaten an apple with licorice before. But I imagine if I smashed the two together in my hand, this is what it would smell like.
I took a quick photo-snap of what happened to be on my table at the time. Think what you will …
- 1 1/2oz apple brandy (used Laird’s bonded)
- 3/4oz creme de menthe (used Marie Brizard)
- 1/4oz pastis (used Herbsaint)
Somehow the herbal-goodness of the pastis referees a delicate joust between the apple brandy and the creme de menthe. Many wine reviews include the word “quaffable.” This cocktail fits such a description quite well. I look to my glass and find it mostly gone, ready to craft another. It has nice legs too. From the creme de menthe perhaps?
- What are your favorite recipes that use creme de menthe?
- Any better brands than Marie Brizard?