For those of you last minute planners out there, I’d like to heartily recommend immediately booking a flight to New Orleans for this weekend. Ann from Tales of the Cocktail sent me the menu for the evening, and it is mouthwatering.
- BALI BALI (WELCOME COCKTAIL) – Old New Orleans Rum, Citrus juices, Falernum (A “lost” recipe from the Bali Hai on Pontchartrain Beach, circa 1960)
- GINGER AND SESAME U-10 DIVER SEA SCALLOP with a Louisiana Coconut-Crawfish Cake and a Cilantro-Jalapen?o-Lime Dressing
- NUI NUI – Cruzan Estate Rum, Pimento Liqueur, Vanilla CordiOrange & Lime Juice, Cinnamon Syrup (this is a personal favorite of KP)
- NIMAN RANCH PORK BONE-IN RIBEYE and BRAISED PORK BELLY with Pork Fried Rice, Cashew Pea Pods, Sweet & Sour House-Made Pickled Vegetables and a 5-Spice-Mango Barbeque Sauce
- MISSIONARY’S DOWNFALL – Cruzan Estate Rum, Peach Brandy, Fresh Mint, Pineapple, Lime Juice
The event is this Friday evening. At $179, it’s too hard to pass up. For those of who don’t mind the extra cost of a plane flight or live nearby, you should totally attend, even if it’s just to chat it up with the Bum, who will be whipping up exotic cocktails all evening.
For hooking up with other tikiphiles planning to attend and for the full menu, head on over to Tiki Central. And if you go, post about the event here!