What do you like to drink when you don’t feel like mixing a classic cocktail?
Or when you’re not adventurous enough to brave the Arctic scapes and rum-soaked lands of the tiki god? Or perhaps when you just don’t feel like writing your blog.
Without embarrassment, I present the a list of my favorite non-cocktails:
- Tecate – Usually accompanied by a shot of rye whiskey, painfully expensive rum, Fernet, or Chartreuse. Sip both, but make sure to put that Tecate in the freezer for a few minutes too, as you surely want to minimize any actual taste it might produce. Other good choices are Natty Boh and Old German.
- Fernet – Put it in a flask, put it in a glass, but please please, don’t put it in your… Or make a Fernet Old Fashioned – yes, it’s a cocktail, but it’s as delicious as shitty American Chinese food.
- Dolin Blanc – with an ice cube.
- Squirt and Gin – or any grapefruit soda for that matter. Pour out (or drink down) about 1/4 of the can, fill with a nice dry gin, and stir with a chopstick. Make sure to get all the foamy pleasure in your beard when it fizzes up out of the hole.
- What is your guilty pleasure?